What info might you collect about me?
Depending on the size of your order, it will either be sent via Royal Mail Second Class or by tracked courier. For larger orders it may be delivered in multiple smaller packages.
When you browse our site, we collect:
- geographical information e.g. whether you're in the UK
- technical information e.g. whether you're browsing on an Apple computer or Android mobile phone
- search information, such as what search term you used to find our site
- details of the products you looked at
When you make a purchase, we collect:
- contact information e.g. name, address, telephone number, emailco
- purchase information e.g. what you bought, method of payment
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that’s downloaded onto your computer when you visit a website. It allows us to recognise and tailor our site to you and it won’t harm your computer.
- session cookie: stores information such as which page of our site you visited first
- visit cookie: used to record the number of visits to our site in general, and how many visits you make personally, so we know whether you're a returning customer
- cart cookie: remembers what you've added to your cart
- security cookie: ensures that when you enter the secure payment area of the site, nobody else can access your info
When do I consent to this?
When you complete a sale, this implies that you consent to us collecting that information.
What do you do with my personal information?
We will use it to:
- answer emails and requests for products, services or information
- fulfil and deliver orders
- process returns
- detect fraud and error
What do I do if I want you to delete all my information?
Just let us know by email or post and we will remove all non-essential info (we need to keep details of sales in case of returns or recalls).
Are you going to send me loads of emails now that you have my contact details?
The only ones we'll send are to notify you about what's happening with your order. You'll get one to confirm your order and one to let you know when it's been dispatched. If you’ve added your email address to our mailing list, we may send you occasional promotions or news from Slug Rings. You can unsubscribe any time using the link at the bottom of our emails.
Who else sees my information?
- Sellr (our website builder – they store all our data securely for us)
- Google (our analytics program will look at your geographical location, search term used, etc)
- Service providers (for example Royal Mail to print postage labels)
- In really rare cases, we might be obliged by law to disclose information, for example, if you're engaged in fraudulent activity.
We won't sell on your details to anybody else and we won't contact you if you've asked us not to.